Please see the Ark Oval Primary Academy Prospectus.
Ark Oval Primary is a non-denominational, non-selective school for local children. We offer 90 places in three reception classes each September.
If the academy is oversubscribed, priority is given to students with statements of special educational needs where the academy is named on the statement.
The remaining places will then be offered in the following order of priority:
- Looked After Children and all previously Looked After Children
- Children of staff of the school where there is a demonstrable skill shortage (as confirmed by Ark*)
- Children who have a sibling who already attends the school and who will continue to do so on the date of admission (for this purpose “sibling” means a whole, half or step-brother or sister resident at the same address)
- Children of staff of the school where there is no skill shortage (as confirmed by Ark*)
- The remaining places will be allocated children who live closest to the school, using a straight line distance from the main entrance of the academy to the main entrance to the child’s home.
*In each case children of staff of the school are restricted to no more than one child for each form in any year.
The Council Admissions Team will manage a waiting list to fill casual vacancies occurring if pupils leave during the year or withdraw from a place that has been offered. Applications must be made on the Common Application Form which can be obtained from the Croydon Admissions Team.
If your child is due to start in the Reception class in September 2019 your application must be received by the Council Admissions team by 15 January 2019. For more information on the application process please contact www.croydon.gov.uk/admissions to be guided through the steps in the application process. You can also call Croydon School Admissions on 0208 726 6400 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any further questions you can speak with our Admissions Officer, Miss Collette Hall on 0208 688 3000 or by emailing email@example.com
You can then make your application online via the eAdmissions site.
Attached is a guide to applying on line:
Ark Network Appeals Timetable-September 2019 entry
Appeals for children refused a place at a preferred school for admission to Reception class in September 2019 will be heard in line with the School Admissions Appeals Code (2012).
|Offer date||Deadline for lodging an appeal|
|Primary||16 April 2019||20 May 2019|
‘On-time’ appeals will be heard within 40 school days of the deadline for submitting appeals. Appeals submitted after this date will be heard within 40 school days of the appeal deadline or 30 school days of being submitted, whichever is the later date.
Mid-year appeals must be heard within 30 school days of receipt of the appeal.
Parents/carers will be notified of their appeal date by an external agency engaged by the Ark Network.
Please contact the academy if you need a paper form.