Please see the Ark Oval Primary Academy Prospectus.
Ark Oval Primary is a non-denominational, non-selective school for local children. We offer 90 places in three reception classes each September.
If the academy is oversubscribed, priority is given to students with statements of special educational needs where the academy is named on the statement.
The remaining places will then be offered in the following order of priority:
- Looked After Children and all previously Looked After Children
- Children of staff of the school where there is a demonstrable skill shortage (as confirmed by Ark*)
- Children who have a sibling who already attends the school and who will continue to do so on the date of admission (for this purpose “sibling” means a whole, half or step-brother or sister resident at the same address)
- Children of staff of the school where there is no skill shortage (as confirmed by Ark*)
- The remaining places will be allocated children who live closest to the school, using a straight line distance from the main entrance of the academy to the main entrance to the child’s home.
*In each case children of staff of the school are restricted to no more than one child for each form in any year.
The Council Admissions Team will manage a waiting list to fill casual vacancies occurring if pupils leave during the year or withdraw from a place that has been offered. Applications must be made on the Common Application Form which can be obtained from the Croydon Admissions Team. If your child is due to start in the Reception class in September 2018 your application must be received by the Council Admissions team by 15 January 2018. For more information on the application process please contact Croydon Admissions team on 020 8726 6400 or visit their website.
You can then make your application online via the eAdmissions site.
Ark Network Appeals Timetable-September 2018 entry
Appeals for children refused a place at a preferred school for admission to Reception class in September 2018 will be heard in line with the School Admissions Appeals Code (2012).
|Offer date||Deadline for lodging an appeal|
|Primary||16 April 2018||20 May 2018|
‘On-time’ appeals will be heard within 40 school days of the deadline for lodging appeals. Appeals lodged after these dates will be heard within 40 school days of the appeal deadline or 30 school days of being lodged, whichever is the later date.
Mid-year appeals must be heard within 30 school days of receipt of the appeal.
Parents/carers will be notified of their appeal date by an external agency engaged by the Ark Network.
Any additional evidence parents/carers wish to submit in support of their appeal must be sent to the external agency at least 5 working days before the hearing. Any evidence not submitted by this deadline may not be considered by the independent appeal panel.